The term accessory is related to many things, including clothing, such as a scarf, jewelry, glasses, etc., to the details that we place in our home or office to decorate. We can have accessories on our dining table, such as candles or flowers that decorate it, and we can get accessories for the car as a radio, telephone, television and satellite system, for example.
That means that anything that falls into the category of items not essential to the normal function of the main object is an accessory. With that out of the way, let’s look at some of the accessory articles that Wikipedia and other references list in that category. They may surprise you.
- Books, plants, vases, lamps and any decorative element such as paintings, mirrors, etc. are qualified.
- Included with the aerograms are the tools involved in stamp collecting, such as straps, hinges, etc., along with the adhesive to attach a stamp to the mail.
- Mounts, drill gauges, stock books, and magnifying glasses are also listed.
- Stamp albums, catalogs and philatelic literature can also be considered accessories.
- Additional ornamentation like bindi, bangles, maang tika, bangles etc. worn in traditional indian clothing.
- There are also ties, cummerbunds, vests, shirts, gloves, hats, shoes, handkerchiefs, cufflinks, studs, cane, leggings, socks, suspenders or ascot.
- Add-on components to enhance the function of something or to allow multiple products to work together are called accessories.
- The car’s spare tire, tools and other things provided by the manufacturer, including airbags.
- All items not offered as standard equipment for the vehicle are listed.
- The use of different elements; coppery metal and the purity of the white is classified as such.
- Gold or silver corners for a cover or pages of a book or photo album are listed.
- There is a photo embed for the cover of anything in any size or position.
- Different types of attachments for body piercing stems, such as captive and threaded balls, spikes, jewelry, and other shapes and designs, make the list.
- Add-on pieces added to a cabinet, often referred to as bells and whistles, plus any non-essential components such as extensions, extensions, tilts, hardware, etc. they are accessories
- Superman’s cape is an accessory, but a Star Wars Freeze Frame slide is not.
More could be added here, but the details show that the term accessory can incorporate any item that is used in connection with an item but is not essential to performing its primary task. Thus, one could refer to items within a home as accessories such as furniture pieces outside built-ins such as cabinets, showers, sinks, floors, walls, ceilings, sinks, and the like under this motto.
So it’s a bit difficult to draw the line between what is and what isn’t an accessory. Using the information above, makeup is an accessory along with the tools used to apply it, just like the comb and brush, hairspray, shampoo, etc., used in the beauty process. In fact, the list is endless and when shopping for accessories, especially through the Internet and an Internet store, one is not left without options.