42 interesting facts about Facebook
1. Do you know that more than 600,000 Hackers come every day on FB every day?
2. You can change your language on Facebook to “Pirate”.
3. You may not know that you can play on FB Messenger, so open a conversation on Facebook Messenger and type @fbchess play to start a chess game with a friend.
4. Do you know that whatever status box on FB you type is sent to the Facebook server, whether you send that post or not?
5. Do you know that there is a function in Facebook that will manage FB account even after death?
6. This will laugh at you, in 2014, a thief in Minnesota went to the house to rob and forgot to log out of his FB account on that house’s PC and got caught.
7. The Facebook “Like” button used to be the “Awesome” button. Source
8. FB loses nearly $25,000 for every minute it’s down. Source
9. In 2005, MySpace was in talks to buy FB, but rejected Mark Zuckerberg’s asking price of US$75 million as too expensive.
10. Do not know this fact that it is estimated that FB alone will spend more than 30 million dollars on its hosting.
11. Did you know that the first face on FB was “Al Pacino”?
12. FB founder Mark Zuckerberg donated $1 billion to charity in 2013, making him the largest charitable donor in the US.
13. When Zuckerberg created FB in 2004, he bragged that people trusted his site with personal information. “Bloody fools,” he called them.
14. The weeks leading up to Christmas are the most popular time for couples to break up, according to data analyzed by FB.
15. There are about 30 million dead on Facebook.
16. Do you know that Facebook has 8.7% of Fake users or accounts?
Facebook has 8.7% of Fake users or accounts
17. Do you know how many new “likes” are made on Facebook every minute? G. 1.8 million new likes are made.
New daily likes
18. You may be surprised to learn that in 2011, most of the words on divorce were on Facebook.
19. In China, Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times were blocked in 2009. Source
blocked in 2009
20. Those who have a smartphone, open more than 14 times a day in one day.
21. Facebook earns an average of $5.85 for each American user. Source
22. You may be surprised to learn that in Britain, a woman was sentenced to 20 months in prison for creating fake Facebook profiles to send herself abusive messages.
23. Facebook users average 3.74 degrees apart.
24. Facebook tracks which site you visit, even AFTER you’re logged out.
25. The average Facebook user in the US spends 40 minutes a day on the site.
26. Do you know why the color of Facebook is blue because Mark Zuckerberg did not see the colors red and green and also said so in an interview?
27. In 2006, a man had hacked into Facebook and got a job because his name was Chris Putnam.
28. In Iceland, Facebook was used more and they used it to write their constitution. They were legally known by the opinion of the people.
29. Steve Chen is the same person who invented YouTube and Steve Chen used to shrink Facebook before and left his job at Facebook and started his own company.
30. You can’t block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook.
31. A Western University study shows that 88 percent of Facebook users ‘scare’ their exes.
32. Facebook was created to make empty text programs, but not to share photos, Sean Parker told Mark Zuckerberg to share photos.
33. Do you know that Facebook Direct can’t call Google because Microsoft made a big investment in Facebook? If they had to do any contract, work or any transaction, then they would first contact Microsoft, then Google.
34. Facebook’s name wasn’t Facebook, it was Facebook, and it was created by Mark Zuckerberg as a college project.
35. Did you know that Burger was a company owned by a person who said that if you check out your friend on your Facebook, then you get a free burger?
36. A Google programmer won Facebook’s first annual Hacker Cup coding challenge. He showed up at Facebook headquarters to collect the award from him with his Google employee badge.
37. Mark Zuckerberg receives a $1 salary as CEO of Facebook.
38. Facebook offers 4 months of vacation to the worker in the company but if they become parents.
39. You should be surprised to learn that one gram of DNA in our body can store all the data on Facebook and Google.
40. FB co-founder Eduardo Saverin gave up his US citizenship to avoid paying $700 million in taxes.
41. FB runs on 61 million lines of code. That’s more than double the amount needed for an F-35 fighter jet.
42. A ten-year-old boy receives a $10,000 reward for finding an Instagram bug.